makes maybe 8 soupfoods? depends how much one doth consume.
about 1.5 hours including potwatching
7 normal size potatoes*
3 stock cubes (blodgett used cow)
half small pot of creme fraiche
electric hand blender, masher, or other whoosking device
1. cut up all vegetables into lumps
2. fry them enthusiastically for a while (~10 mins) to make a bit soft
2.1. may want to fry non-potato items first, but blodgett not sure it makes any difference
2.2 boil water in kettle
2.2.1. this is not the same thing as ‘boil kettle’. you have been warned.
3. add much herbs, crumbled stock cubes, and peppery; mix it up
4. add water till covered, bubble gently for an hour or so
5. turn off the heat and whoosk until approximately smooth
5.1. carefully so as not to decorate the cooker
6. stir in creme fraiche
*in case wondering, the canonical scale of potato sizing as follows:
tiny, small, normal, large, abnormally large
blodgett estimates increase in step size of factor approximately 1.5, although abnormally large potato size is clearly unbounded.